R&B Adds American Concrete Institute Testing Certifications to Inspection Repertoire
Ruggles & Bohm has added concrete field testing to our construction services portfolio with the recent achievement of American Concrete Institute (ACI) Concrete Field Testing Technician- Grade I certifications in January. Engineers Randy Arnold and Eric Glover, and construction inspectors Tony Young and Dakota Zimmerman gained certification after attending multi-day classes including hands-on training and testing. Grade I certifications indicate each person has demonstrated the knowledge and ability to properly perform and record the results of seven basic field tests on freshly mixed concrete.
The Seven Basic Freshly Mixed Concrete Field Tests:
- C1064/C1064M – Temperature of Freshly Mixed Hydraulic-Cement Concrete
- C172 – Sampling Freshly Mixed Concrete
- C143/C143M – Slump of Hydraulic-Cement Concrete
- C138/C138M – Density (Unit Weight), Yield, and Air Content (Gravimetric) of Concrete
- C231 – Air Content of Freshly Mixed Concrete by the Pressure Method
- C173/C173M – Air Content of Freshly Mixed Concrete by the Volumetric Method
- C31/C31M – Making and Curing Concrete Test Specimens in the Field
These certifications add to our already robust construction inspection capabilities. Randy, Eric, Tony and Dakota have also completed KDOT training courses in Basic Inspection (BI), Asphalt Paving Inspection (API), Concrete Paving Inspection (CPI), Structures Inspection (STR), and Environmental Inspection Training (EIT). Each certification is part of KDOT’s Certified Inspection and Testing Training (CIT2) program. Congratulations guys!
Visit the American Concrete Institute Testing Certifications page for more information.